Long Post/User Activations

Stuff related to forum. Issues, Bugs etc

Moderator: Hooter

Long Post/User Activations

Postby DerekBell » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:45 am

Hi guys

Wanted to take this opportunity to apologise for the recent posting/activation issues we have had here lately.

The forum had suddenly decided to make new users, and anyone who has a small post count necessary to be authorised by an administrator. I havent had time to get on here lately, and have only had very quick logons to check the status, but had not noticed posts or new members awaiting approval, and havent been receiving messaging regarding this status.

I beleive I have turned this feature off, but will take more time to ensure it doesn't happen again

Again sorry for the hassles

Derek
DerekBell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Long Post/User Activations

Postby stormtrooper » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:10 am

Maybe this feature should be reactivated. It would help to stop spam.
If you need help with anything Kalmaker related (that includes things like ECU, program, injector, wiring etc) ask on the forum so everyone can help or learn.
stormtrooper
Get a Life
Get a Life

Postby DerekBell » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:02 pm

Sorry mate. Really dont get time to come here myself anymore. The biggest issue here is I cant do updates anymore as I cant access the server, and cant get any info from Hooter to get access. Am considering hosting it myself, but will need hooter there as well.. Derek ps.ive given you admin access as-well. just click on the administration menu at the bottom, and re-enter you password, you can then have admin user and other access..
DerekBell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stormtrooper » Sun May 01, 2016 11:10 am

I know my way around phpBB, I'm an admin on a computer forum and also have my own that I'm about to release publicly for a Linux distro I'm working on.
Not having access to the server isn't good. Security becomes a big issue when the software can't be updated.
If you need help with anything Kalmaker related (that includes things like ECU, program, injector, wiring etc) ask on the forum so everyone can help or learn.
stormtrooper
Get a Life
Get a Life

Return to Forum Info