$50 surcharge to replace your Kalmaker software discs

This is the forum for problems/solutions/discussions about Kalmaker and EFI in general here. Go to the Street Pro 3 and Workshop forums for specific questions for these packages.

Moderator: Hooter

$50 surcharge to replace your Kalmaker software discs

Postby Hooter » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:59 am

Guys, one of the things we state in the manuals is to make a backup copy of your software discs
I know it may seem a little backward to have this on floppies, but it is still the best solution for us.
Each disc has its own install program on it, so its not just a matter of copying these discs onto a cd, as they still need to be unzipped by each of the install programs.
The best way to make a copy, is once you have installed the software, and it all works etc (doesnt need to be linked), just transfer it to a cd if you have a cd burner which is unlikely on older laptops, or transfer it to removeable disc drive such as USB flash driver.
Just grab the whole Kal3 folder and copy it.
I do this quite regularly as it also gives you a complete copy of all your tunes.

Floppies do have a limited life, and are easily effected by dust, and static etc.
Lately Ive been getting 3 or 4 request a week to supply new discs, and the time cost is getting out of hand, so we have decided to charge $50 to do this which is still way under cost, but hopefully will be a deterrant.
So what I am saying is, it will be much appreciated if you make abackup yourself, and not trouble Ken and myself as we have enough to do
Thanks
Al Gibbs
Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it.
Autograph your work with excellence.
Hooter

Kalmaker discs

Postby Chris » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:28 am

I didn't want to have to ask this question but my lap top has died (apparently the hard drive) and when I try and load Kalmaker on to my new lap top or even any computer for that matter. It says sector cannot be found on disc 1 Disc 2 will load okay. I did copy the discs when I first got them about 2 years ago on to my work computer. I couldn't load them as its windows 2000 and won't start in DOS so just copied both discs to a folder. But putting them back on to disc and trying to load them does not work either. So I guess I need to pay my $50.00 and get some new discs. Just wondering how to go about that?
Chris
Chris

Postby stormtrooper » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:33 pm

The best bet would be to email Hooter directly through the email at the bottom of his posts.
If you need help with anything Kalmaker related (that includes things like ECU, program, injector, wiring etc) ask on the forum so everyone can help or learn.
stormtrooper
Get a Life
Get a Life

Postby DerekBell » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:35 pm

You need to send Hooter a message.

Do you still have the disks on your harddrive (the folder you mentioned).
I should be able to send you an install program that will work off a CD.
DerekBell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:30 am

Yes Derek I still have the copies of the discs. Where abouts in adelaide are you I could probably pick the cd up if thats convenient.
Chris
Chris

Postby DerekBell » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:46 pm

I didn't notice that. I am in Salisbury Downs. We have a couple of options. I will need your software to install onto a CD. You can throw it on a FLASH, and mail it to me, or bring your laptop with you and we can burn the disk.

PM me what you want to do and I can organise stuff from there.

Derek
DerekBell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stormtrooper » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:41 pm

Chris, no offense intended mate but its not a good thing to put your number up for all the world to see. You don't know what crazies are out there.

If I were you I'd edit my post to take the number out and PM people with contact details.
If you need help with anything Kalmaker related (that includes things like ECU, program, injector, wiring etc) ask on the forum so everyone can help or learn.
stormtrooper
Get a Life
Get a Life

Postby DerekBell » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:44 pm

Was about to delete that post. I also agree, I don't recommend putting numbers on here, please try and remember to PM any personal details. We still have trouble with bots/spam getting through even with all the forums being private. Will contact you in the next couple of days.

Derek.
DerekBell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:14 pm

Cool. I wondered why it went all quiet.
Chris
Chris

Return to Kalmaker General