Dump file error

Moderator: Hooter

Dump file error

Postby SP3 Try out » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Howdy all,

I've been having an issue with the software when trying to do a dump to screen it comes up with this error...

E1702: Can't open the dump file "\kal3\dmp;\_57.AAA"

I've made sure it has a folder called Dmp inside kal3 but it still has the error, I can do a dump to file but most ofthe time I just want to see it on the screen when I'm still inside kalmaker!

TIA for any advice, I did look up the error reasons but it just said what its doing & not how to fix the error.
SP3 Try out

Re: Dump file error

Postby stormtrooper » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:55 pm

SP3 Try out wrote:E1702: Can't open the dump file "\kal3\dmp;\_57.AAA"

I've made sure it has a folder called Dmp inside kal3 but it still has the error,
have a look at the error and then have a look at the folder you was there and tell me what the difference is.
If you need help with anything Kalmaker related (that includes things like ECU, program, injector, wiring etc) ask on the forum so everyone can help or learn.
stormtrooper
Get a Life
Get a Life

Postby SP3 Try out » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:49 pm

How did I know you were going to be critical & pick that up...

Yes that is exactly how it is worded in kalmaker with the error but I can assure you the upper & lowercase in settings match what the folder actually is in PC!

Now for someone who knows for any ideas?
SP3 Try out

Postby stormtrooper » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:47 pm

SP3 Try out wrote:How did I know you were going to be critical & pick that up...
Not being critical, working the the extremely limited information that you supplied.

SP3 Try out wrote:Yes that is exactly how it is worded in kalmaker with the error but I can assure you the upper & lowercase in settings match what the folder actually is in PC!
Thanks for the assurance, I can sleep better now.

SP3 Try out wrote:Now for someone who knows for any ideas?
You know for someone who needs help, relatively often compared to others on this forum, you sure have a strange way of getting people to want to help you. You don't give much information, when someone points out what appears to be an error in letter case you show no gratitude at all, then when expanding on the amount of information you supply (because someone found something that looks like it's worth trying) you resort to being critical of that person.

Welcome to the wonderful world of block lists.
If you need help with anything Kalmaker related (that includes things like ECU, program, injector, wiring etc) ask on the forum so everyone can help or learn.
stormtrooper
Get a Life
Get a Life

Postby DerekBell » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:17 pm

if you havent tried already, try adding the semi colon after the dmp, the error says dmp; for some reason. I will boot up my software later and have a look.

Have reset your password, its the pre@ e-mail address you registered with. Pm me if you need more info
DerekBell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SP3 Try out » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:31 am

Thanks for your help Derek, yeah I have tried that.

To give a bit more info I've attached screenshot's of the environment & the folder setup, I think it's all fine & as I said I can dump to file just not to screen that's why I didn't think it was an environment issue, but maybe I have set something else incorrectly?
Attachments
SP3 Folder setup.png
SP3 Folder setup.png (17.05 KiB) Viewed 1942 times
SP3 Environment Setup.jpg
SP3 Environment Setup.jpg (284.29 KiB) Viewed 1942 times
SP3 Try out

Postby stormtrooper » Thu May 04, 2017 8:52 am

SpadeE wrote:I just got the same error on windows-10

Please don't think I'm being critical but let me point out a couple of things.
Kalmaker is a DOS program it was never designed, and as far as I can tell this will never change, to work on any Windows NT based OSs (e.g. Windows NT, 2000, XP, VIsta, 7,8,1.1, 10). It will work on Windows 95, 98, and possibly ME (Windows ME was a strange beast and it behaved differently compared to 95 and 98) . It also works on FreeDOS (I know cause I have mine setup that way).

Now we have that out of the way can you provide more information and let me know if you get this issue on any of the OSs I listed above that Kalmaker does work on.
stormtrooper
Get a Life
Get a Life

Postby BLOWN-VP » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:02 am

try removing the sp3 from the kalmaker environment setup eg kal3\dmp;just had a look at mine no sp3 in the kalmaker environment setup on any of them
BLOWN-VP
professional
professional

Postby stormtrooper » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:39 pm

SP3 Try out hasn't logged onto the forum since July 28 2014. He did have another username (VXL67Getrag) at one point but that profile hasn't been used since May 16 2014.

I just checked when last SpadeE was on and found "it" was last on 1 minute after "it" posted "its" only post. I did some more checking and found SpadeE is a spambot.
stormtrooper
Get a Life
Get a Life

Return to Street Pro 3