VR V6 - few minor issues

Moderator: Hooter

VR V6 - few minor issues

Postby jNINE » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:05 am

Recently we tuned my VR V6 and found that it had a faulty knock sensor which was causing the timing to retard. Anyway, did the tune and replaced sensor.

Now I'm getting the engine light flashing on for maybe half a second at different times (at idle, cruising at 60km, under slight accelleration) but there are codes triggering.

Also, when crusing at around 25% throttle the car will just stop with no warning and when started again will rev at around 2000rpm for 30 seconds until it settles itself. Any ideas?

Also having an issue changing lockup in 4th gear after changing the TCC:MPH:PEM02[tps] - it refuses to lockup under 92 km/hr (not good for fuel when you drive to work in an 80km zone and have to do it at 2500rpm). Is there something else we are missing here? :?

Any advice or where to look would be appreciated
jNINE

Postby clubby5000i » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:08 pm

If possible, can you hook your laptop up and perform some datalogging? You may be able to see the problem when playing it back frame by frame.

I had a problem a while ago (SP3 tune though) and it turned out to be a half corrupted SRAM. The car ran perfectly except when it hit 7.8% TPS and then it ran ok, providing the TPS wasnt on 7.8%.

Clutching at straws without datalogs...

Cheers
Leppy
clubby5000i
Experienced
Experienced

Postby jNINE » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:50 am

Still trying to sort this out...

It is logging a knock sensor error constantly, and have changed the sensor with no luck. The Kalmaker PCM plugged into another car also logs the same constant knock sensor error. Alan has suggested that it could be a common wiring fault as both cars had rebuilt engines. To eliminate this as the cause we have to check the Knock sensor voltage, but need to know what it should be (anyone have any ideas?).

The strange thing is though - if I run the standard PCM I don't have the problem with the engine light flashing on or the stalling (it started again with the Kalmaker PCM).

Datalogging is tricky as the problem may occur several times in one day, then not occur for several days.
jNINE

Return to Workshop