Kalmaker Workshop abilities?

Moderator: Hooter

Kalmaker Workshop abilities?

Postby stormtrooper » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:58 pm

I have just started my own Automotive business and I am doing LPG conversions. I already have Street Pro 3 and I like its tunability, but some cars (specifically 4L60E transmission vehicles and on) need Workshop.

My question is about the .bin files that come with Workshop,
1. Are they Standard bins?
2. Can we extract the tune that the car already has and keep it for the Petrol side of the fuel system? Considering the Delco's "learn" as they go the tune in the EPROM should be OK for petrol.
3. Can we have a 2nd ignition MAP for LPG with the flick of a Kal switch like we can in SP3?

I have a VS V6 wagon that I am about to convert to LPG for a customer and they know I have SP3,so they are interested in having their car tuned to LPG.
If you need help with anything Kalmaker related (that includes things like ECU, program, injector, wiring etc) ask on the forum so everyone can help or learn.
stormtrooper
Get a Life
Get a Life

Postby GTS215i » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:14 pm

Also keen to know what other features street pro 3 has that isn't standard in workshop !
GTS215i
professional
professional

Re: Kalmaker Workshop abilities?

Postby GTS215i » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:18 am

Does anybody have workshop - that can list the variables or perhaps the kalmaker editor manual thing...
GTS215i
professional
professional

Postby Davo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:12 pm

If you buy the mafless workshop programs Ie. Wx3, Wx4, Wx5, Wx6 [eg. w53] then all the functions of SP3 are in there (Only sure of this with the V6 stuff, most likely the same with the V8 gear too). Unsure on the dual table business and the knock log variable with Workshop compared to Street pro though. Hope so. Hooter can you confirm ? VE update, VECT, etc. Are all there. IGNCTS, ADNCTS, etc are there. MAF cal tables are there. If anyone works out how to use them to calibrate an 85mm VY-VZ MAF can they post it up here ?
Davo
Experienced
Experienced

Postby GTS215i » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:06 pm

What about the resolution of the Maf Tables Vs Map Tables ?
or Rpm Tables etc...
GTS215i
professional
professional

Postby DerekBell » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:24 am

Youll have to wait for Hooter re this. he is currently having large internet issues that look like there going to take a while to fix..
DerekBell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Davo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:33 pm

The Rpm increase in 400rpm increments, the map tables are in 10kpa increments, the maf tables are in either 40something mgc increments or with Wx1 onwards are 50mgc increments. Hooter was saying beta testing is almost finished on new software versions. Increasing Max RPM on V6 tables from 6400rpm to around 8000rpm, maybe 8192rpm ?

edit: With V6 tables from 400 to 2000rpm they are 200rpm increments.
Davo
Experienced
Experienced

Postby Hooter » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:07 pm

Sorry Guys, a bit slow here, theres too many differences to list here,
but one thing all Workshop programs dont have, is twin tables, so this means no different spark table for gas or nitrous.

I was out tuning John Zappia's transporter bus last week which has a 565 cube Ford (6 speed Allison auto) running fuel and gas. Man this thing has some grunt. We were all loaded up, with the Rat, trailer etc approx 18 rolling tonnes, and Zap had a roll on drag with an empty 2 trailer Kenworth and blew it away........anyway, it runs SP3, and the twin table spark made a big difference, as we added about 5 degrees to it. We had the B9 Kal switch separate to the gas, so we could switch the 2nd table on as we wished. It made no noticeable difference on fuel, but on gas was quite surprising.
These guys, on their trip east each time they go "doorslammin" keep the trip interesting by tuning the "magic bus" all the way, to the Nenth degree.....they have all the equipment including piros on the exhaust.....
It would be interesting to see what time the bus would do completely empty..........
Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it.
Autograph your work with excellence.
Hooter

Return to Workshop