SRS - light stays on

Moderator: Hooter

SRS - light stays on

Postby PVE » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:01 am

Using W61 on a VT V8.
SRS light stays on and sometimes there is a beep from the instrument cluster.
Has anyone experienced this before and if so what needs to be done to correct?
Is there a BCM/PCM Master Bus comms issue?

From VT Holden SIP.
The VT Series Model uses a BUS MASTER communication system, where the BCM is the bus master.The BCM periodically polls (surveys) each device on the bus and requests status data.
The devices connected to the bus are:
. Body Control Module (BCM)
. Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
. Electronic Climate Control (ECC)
. Instrument cluster (INS)
. Antilock Brake/Electronic Traction Control System (ABS/ETC)
. Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)
. External diagnostic tool (TECH 2)
The data provided by each device may be utilised by any device connected to the bus.
Each device has a unique response Message Identifier Word (MIW) for ease of identification.
The bus master (BCM) polls each control module with a serial data message which includes that control modules MIW. The polled control module responds by putting a serial data message onto the bus which includes its own MIW and data, which is retrieved and utilised by any control module requiring it. The BCM polls each device for a status update, once every 300 milliseconds. The exception to this being the PCM
which is polled twice every 300 milliseconds.
PVE
Experienced
Experienced

Postby TNT76 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:35 am

I had this on a W51 VT sc v6 and was concerned when tuning it, when I emailed Alan about it he said it is because the serial bus is busy and doesnt happen once the orig pcm is reinstalled with a burnt chip, He was right. Also the cruise conrol lights didnt come on in the dash.
TNT76

Postby PVE » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:50 am

Thanks for the info, as suspected. I also have the "Cruise" light going on and off whenever cruise control is engaged. The "Active" works correctly.

Hooter, My PCM is modified for KalMaker, is there a way this SRS issue can be addressed without burning a chip and installing another PCM?
PVE
Experienced
Experienced

Postby HSV 815 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:50 pm

DIDO for me also!
I have the real time ecu and w6o running no cruise light and srs is on too!
I would like to find out how to address this as I hate driving a car with a warning light on!
HSV 815

Re: SRS - light stays on

Postby GTS215i » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Has this been rectified ?

Ideally I'd leave the real time ecu in my own car & not have to burn a memcal...
GTS215i
professional
professional

Re: SRS - light stays on

Postby Hooter » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi Guys, Yes Joe, it is just a very busy bus line, theres some serious info flying around there..........
The Power/econ button, traction etc are all effected, but still work, you just need to hold buttons a little longer.
Also you may notice trouble light on when in Gauge View or List View, as soon as you Esc, so does light..........

Inside the realtime pcm is a red data line. This also annoyed Tony from F.I.T. , and he fitted a little on/off switch in this data line, (drilled hole in box to mount) and turned it off when not using his laptop, and this cures the problem.

Another thing you will all notice, is the ABS light stays on for awhile after being on the dyno, because the front wheels are still and the rear wheels hell spinning.....setting warning light. This goes after a few key on key off once all wheels moving again.

Hope this helps
Al
Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it.
Autograph your work with excellence.
Hooter

Return to Workshop