W43 ? 2 bar mafless program

Moderator: Hooter

W43 ? 2 bar mafless program

Postby Davo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:32 pm

hello all,

Was wondering if someone/anyone could pipe up and point out major differences between the "standard" software supplied with workshop wXX and the "upgraded" software ?

So far these are the items which have been adjusted/replaced that i have found out about:-

>increased obtainable rev limit from 6400rpm to 8000rpm
>higher resolution VE tables
>higher resolution Maf calibration tables
>replace MAF with 2 Bar map sensor

anything else worth noting ?

I would like to hear if anyone has used a 3 bar map and adjusted tables to suit. I understand that atmospheric pressure reading on gauge screen would be inacurate and sensitivity of the fueling/ignition tables would be sacrificed. I love this sytem though and for the price of the hardware and software upgrades i could have purchased a E11V2 but without all the perks of 10's-100 ? idle control tables and closed loop knock control and re-wiring to boot. Oh can the workshop program be tuned to run a closed throttle fuelling table (ie. to disregard MAF input) for use with large cams ?

Thanks for everyone's time
Davo
Experienced
Experienced

Re: W43 ? 2 bar mafless program

Postby Hooter » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:29 pm

Hi Davo, I'm not sure what Ken Young (who writes all the Kalmaker Software) has planned for W43.
It has been superceded with W44 and W45.
Ive stopped using W43 and W44.
W43 had the option of using MAF or MAP.
W44 only had MAP option, and had a painful feature (same as W43) where although the VE tables, (main and Idle VE) were KPA versus RPM,
everything else was MGC versus RPM, which is the airflow reading when using AFM, so you had to track this separately to see what MGC it was pulling (so you could see what loadpoints you had to change your Spark tables), as well as watching KPA
W45 also only has MAP, but is all done with KPA, and is heaps nicer
W46 is same but 3 Bar
Also load points are every 5kpa up to first 100kpa then 10 kpa for 2 bar and 20 kpa increments on 3 bar to 320kpa, with rpm increments of 200rpm to 2400rpm, and then 400rpm increments to 8000rpm
W45 and W46 along with same for VT (W55 and W56) are all tried, tested and proven and are available.
Ive been using these for a while now and love 'ém.
Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it.
Autograph your work with excellence.
Hooter

Postby Davo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:19 am

Thanks for the reply Hooter. Yay finally 3-bar MAP support has entered the arena :D . Is there a idle VECT map or similar to support low vac cams in the V6 (W46) while idling? thankyou again.
Davo
Experienced
Experienced

Postby Hooter » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:37 am

Yes there is, Main VE and Idle VE called VECT.
Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it.
Autograph your work with excellence.
Hooter

Return to Workshop