Harsh shifts occasionally from P or N to D

Moderator: Hooter

Harsh shifts occasionally from P or N to D

Postby capritis » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi guys, hoping i could get some help on this issue as it has me stumped.
Ocassionally when driving or start up go from P to D its fine, force motor is at around 700 Ma and its fine, how ever when i continue driving it may somethimes be fine or it will keep the force motor at 1300Ma with no reason, thus going from P to D is a very harsh engage. take the throttle to 100% a couple of times and shes ok again. so My problem is KALMAKER software is not bringing the force motor back to idles settings when my tps moves past 25%. We can see in kalmaker software when this is happening the tps reads 25% so the line pressure goes up to as if its at 25%. Now for all who think they know the cause remember i know its software related but dont know where this could be happening from. New tps installed, All cabling checked extensivly and smooth operation of tps all the time. I went and bought a second hand ECU factory and installed to see if i could get it to happen with that, NOPE! i couldnt get it to do it for the life of me. Put kalmaker back in and within 5 min after a few revs, P or N to D ,,,,Bang. I put the factory Eprom in My ecu pcb and it was fine, if its harsh from P to D and i turn car off and back on, back to normal. I have also checked line pressure graph on pressure Vs Temp and all looks ok. So computer pcb is ok. I copied Kalmaker onto another eprom to eliminate a faulty eprom and installed back into my ecu. Yes, still happened after a bit of driving. Any help would be much appreciated. All hardware possibilitys have been looked at and tested, Inc Earths.

Andy
capritis

Re: Harsh shifts occasionally from P or N to D

Postby stormtrooper » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Sorry but a lack of information about model, engine and transmission plus a hard to decipher post makes this hard to start with.

The one big thing I have learned in 26 years in the auto trade is never just trust what anyone else says, always check everything yourself to confirm that the other person has not made any mistakes. I'm not saying you are wrong but I am saying your post is confusing and lacks information. If this is the bare minimum we have to work with I'd suggest you put the OEM PCM/chip back in carry out baseline transmission pressure tests and also engine readings. Once you have done this we may have something to compare it to.
If you need help with anything Kalmaker related (that includes things like ECU, program, injector, wiring etc) ask on the forum so everyone can help or learn.
stormtrooper
Get a Life
Get a Life

Postby capritis » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Sorry for getting carried away. I should have mentioned this.

Model is Holden vs supercharged l67
A2a intercooled kit
Maffless tune
Shift kit installed and changes made in PCM to suit.
All tests are genuine and checked by me. I am a sparky by trade and have a
Fair bit of experience with cars. The cause is not mechanical
As stated I did put a stock EPROM in which fixed the problem
But this is running at stock settings. Kalmaker is not
Switching the force motor to idle line pressure it is doubling it
At instances. The force motor commanded and actual match up
Perfectly. There is no electrical fault. Why would kalmaker
Be doing this? There is alot of info in my first post

Thanks again
Andy
capritis

Postby DerekBell » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi Andy, sorry for the delay in authorising the post, In dont have time to get on here much anymore.

I agree it sounds a lot like a calibration issue..

Unfortunately I dont have any experience with tuning trans settings under Kalmaker, but have some questions, when did this issue arise, was it after making the changes to the PCM for the shift kit?. It sounds like a setting has been modified from standard and it is causing issues. Did you only use Kalmaker to make the change to the PCM for the shift kit, or did you have it installed previously? I highly recommend contacting Hooter as he has the most experiance with these setups and the software..
DerekBell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Workshop