Workshop VSS and speedo corrector

Moderator: Hooter

Workshop VSS and speedo corrector

Postby State0 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:55 pm

Hope this helps others out there using workshop
I have a VS series 2 statesman V8 auto 4l60e, I'm running Workshop 30 with bin file CKUN.
Years ago I installed a jaycar mk11 speedo corrector, this is where I went wrong! I installed it in the violet/white cable coming out of the PCM to the speedo on terminal c12 as advised by many websites!

This does correct speedo but not PCM speedo (the speedo on gauge screen or trans all list screen)! This is where u can correct transmission speed reference with parameter var:MPH:MPHFAC but this still doesn't correct kph speed reference including gauge screen speedo!

What I had to do was cut into the vss signal straight from the vehicle speed sensor in the transmission!. This on my PCM is B5 on the PCM connector and is a blue/white cable! I used the jaycar speedo corrector, I lost the instructions but found this write up on another site:

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f ... 450-89338/

All I had to do to make it work with the commodore speedo was change the jumper from link 3 to link 5 and set s2 to 30% as I'm running 4.11 gears in diff!
After corrector was installed I didn't have to change var:MPH:MPHFAC from standard as corrector fixed this already!

All my problems prob started from not having the Kalmaker workshop manual or the holden workshop manual but I have read all the very helpful advise on this site and the using workshop section of the Kalmaker site and the sp3 users manual (I know work shop is a bit different from sp3) but very important peace of advise I haven't read is when setting up workshop make sure your speedo is correct first, check vehicle actual speedo as well as gauge screen speedo in kph and go to list screen showing transmission all parameters and check speed is correct it MPH! If your corrector is in the right spot then all the speedos should be correct!

Don't stuff around with var:VSS:NPPREVS parameter as this only changes gauge screen speedo in kph but not transmission speed in MPH!

Cheers Sam
State0

Re: Workshop VSS and speedo corrector

Postby BLOWN-VP » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:46 pm

Good to see you got it sorted Sam.those jaycar kits are very flexible.used one to correct the tachometer on a nissan zd30 to td42 conversion.cheers Darren.
BLOWN-VP
professional
professional

Re: Workshop VSS and speedo corrector

Postby State0 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:23 am

Couldn't have done it without your help Darren, cheers
State0

Return to Workshop